Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Michelle Obama at the White House Correspondents Dinner



My favorite 1st lady is dressed in Prabal Gurung at the White House Correspondents Dinner on May 1, 2010 at the Washington Hilton. And this is what I have to love about Michelle Obama our wonderful 1st Lady...she just is always impeccably stunning (except for a few occasional "what-was- she-thinking moments). And Mr. President never fails me! This man ALWAYS compliments his wife every time he makes a speech at an event such as this. How cute are they? I just love them together so much, truly are one of the cutest First couples ever. Anyways, back to Mrs. O...She is always a huge supporter of young designers and it is just great for these designers to have that type of exposure. She has made so many designers such as Jason Wu and Thakoon, amongst others, so recognized. And it is truly shows how daring she is for trying different and new and up-and-coming designers. It shows she takes risks within what she can get away with by being First Lady. I heart her. I think she's a wonderful, strong woman and watching her fashions and what she wears is so interesting for me. I think it's interesting to watch her every step and especially what she wears . I guess keeping track of what she wears makes me closer to her. What can I say, I admire this woman, so anything she does intrigues me!

On another note...can we say what was Kim Kardashian thinking when she wore her mother's "vintage" Valentino dress. I normally like what she wears but to the White House Correspondents Dinner, I mean come on! I get what she was trying to do, but to be honest, the dress looked better on her mother back in the day. She needed to wear something more suited for her more curvaceous body. I think she just wanted to wear something "appropriate" for a dinner event with the President of the United States, but I'm thinking she made a boo-boo this time around. I just think it wasn't as flattering. But she's a beautiful girl and normally hits it right with her body type, but this time I have to disagree with her choice to wear the Valentino dress. Don't get me wrong it isn't awful awful, she just could've done better or worn something more suited for her. What do you think?


Just not feeling it. She still looks pretty, but this dress was not a huge hit with her fans or the critics.
It's all good, she still is a good dresser for the most part with her lil' L.A. look. Still love your other looks, Kimmie! Just not THIS one! Eeeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment