Monday, May 3, 2010

Met Gala 2010


Oprah in Oscar la Renta with Oscar de la Renta himself.

Today was the Met Gala...the gala was hosted by Oprah Winfrey, Anna Wintour, and Gap creative director Patrick Robinson. This is one of the most anticipated events of the year and today is no exception. The theme at the exhibition is the "American Women: Fashioning a National Identity." The exhibit will run from May 5- August 25, 2010. The collection at the Met looks at women from 1890-1940 who have influenced the perception of the modern woman that we are accustomed to today.

Everyone came all dolled up and looked fabulous for the most part except for the few who committed fashion faux pas. Everyone who is anyone attends the Met Gala. Who was your favorite tonight? I think I have to say I loved what Sienna Miller was wearing and one of my favorites is always Blake Lively. The girl has got it going on, her style is on point and her body is bangin'! I really love Blake Lively and she truly has a great stylist combined with her eye because girlfriend knows what looks best on her. And Sienna Miller is just great. She is just a fashion icon and looks great in anything she wears, but what I was mainly surprised and shocked by was the fact that she showed up publicly with Jude Law on her arms!!! I guess he has been forgiven and it is official they are an item again. I know this isn't new news, but it boggles my mind of their on and off-again relationship. Well I guess it is what it is. Anyhow, here are some of the looks of tonight:


Blake Lively in Marchesa

Sienna Miller & Jude Law

Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad

Anne Hathaway in Casadei

Zoe Saldana in Calvin Klein

Sarah Jessica Parker in Halston


Chloe Sevigny in Proenza Schouler



So that's a small taste of what people are wearing and what caught my eyes. I saw a posting from Rachel Roy who I happen to follow on FB and she had pics up of her going to the Met and she looked exquisite. Absolutely gorgeous. The Met Gala is the time to look your best and you definitely see that at this year's gala.


Here's a video of the event by the New York Post...




No comments:

Post a Comment