Friday, April 30, 2010

Viktor & Rolf Fall 2010 Collection

Was just watching an episode of Videofashion on T.V. and saw the most innovative show I've seen in awhile. It's Viktor & Rolf's Fall 2010 line. Amazing! I just felt like it needed to be shared with the world, because I haven't seen so much creativity in awhile. Their show was so different. And different in a good good way. The whole concept is being in a factory and their muse for the show is the one and only Kristin McMenamy. And the show is so beautifully done. It was all about timing and details, and so proudly done. The girls are in a factory and every time a model comes they go back to back with Kristin McMenamy who is the "doll" who sheds a layer of clothing off and it is strategically put onto the other "doll"/model who will sport that piece of garment, as Kristin McMenamy stands so statuesque throughout the whole show and truly acts as the true "doll"/"mannequin". Good work, girlfriend! To stay that "doll-like" through the whole 20 minute...bravo! With a revolving round platform moving around as both of the designer's strategically pulled off garments and then put back on particular garments in different ways. Basically a garment that may have been a dress was converted into a cape by the way it is zipped or buttoned. It was so brilliantly done. This is a must see. So innovative, so thought out, so...I'm sorry I have run out of words, but brilliant. Check it out!



I really did not realize how talented these men were until I watched this show. I am impressed for sure!
Hope you are too! Unbelievable and this makes me want to see more of their work!

No comments:

Post a Comment